Local Takahiwai Marae on the shores of the Whangarei Harbour and under the shadow of Mt Manaia was the setting for one of Maori TVs DIY Marae. Hundreds gathered to lend and hand with an amazing result.
- There are interviews some of the kuia – all over 80 years old
- Includes great story about the whakapapa of Takahiwai and its story.
- shows the process of renovations
- includes story of gathering of the whale bones from the strandings in 2006
- a trip to the Pa site and Dam through the bush behind Takahiwai