Tartan Day Celebrated in Waipu, Northland
Since 2005 and the beginnings of Winter@Waipu, Tartan Day has been celebrated in Waipu on 1 July.
It has grown to replace winter@waipu as the town’s main winter focus, and now lasts for a few weeks.
In 2013 it was renamed Waipu in Tartan
For this small scottish town, its the time to dust off the kilt, the scarves, the pipes – the town is awash with tartan – there is free shortbread in many shops for those sporting a bit of tartan, and often the Butcher offers a taste of Haggis. There is pipers, and parties, and busking and lots of fun – come and join us.
Click here for this Years Programme
Events often include:
Latest Blog posts about Tartan Week in Waipu
- The Ball is Coming – get out your Tartan and Dancing Shoes
- ArtnTartan events in Tartan Week
- North Haven Hospice opening shop in Waipu
- Tartan Week Highlights
- ArtnTartan – Week 3 Tartan Week
- Tartan Week 2012 – the second weekend
- Tartan Week off to a flying start in Waipu
- Tartan Week all set to go….
- Tartan Week 2012
- Draft Tartan Week Programme now out….